lundi 14 décembre 2009

FUNANA TO WARM UP THESE FREEZING DAYS

It's getting very cold out there and it's getting harder and harder for me to get out of my bed in the morning. Thanks to my wife, I found the key to my problem, I just listen to some FUNANA to warm up my days... You're supposed to ask yourself what the fuck I'm talking about hum? FUNANA? What's that?

The Funana is a music and dance genre from Cape Verde. Funana is an accordion-based music. It is perhaps the most upbeat form of Cape Verdean music and bears a resemblance to American zydeco, while being less blues-based and maintaining a closer connection with West African music. The rhythm is usually provided by the ferrinho a sort of metal bar beaten very fast...

Nowadays, the typical instruments used to play Funana are replaced by Synths and the result is pretty wicked... Here is one example of this dope "New Funana".



Sandrinha - Kusa Sta Mudado

UK based, Radioclit put out this Funana mix for Corporate Bloggin this past summer and I think it will cure every one feeling like me in the morning... Enjoy!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire